Thursday, March 11, 2010

Let's Talk Lima Beans

Some canned veggies are just fine the way they are. Open the can. Pour them in a pot. Heat them up and they're ready to eat.


Then there's lima beans. Fresh are the best. Frozen come in a close second. Canned, however, are just not as tasty. I've tried preparing them differents ways...with butter, salt & pepper, with bacon, with herbs...but it wasn't until today that I discovered (mostly by accident) a delicious way to prepare canned lima beans.

I opened up a can, poured them into a pot, and started heating them on the stove. Several minutes later, I realize that I had forgotten about them and most of the liquid had boiled out. Refusing to let this get me down, I quickly grabbed a container of chicken stock out of the refrigerator and added about 1/2 cup along with salt & pepper.

Wah-lah! I yummy pot of lima beans that is going to taste perfect with my baked tilapia & boiled red potatoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment