Monday, March 1, 2010

Family?

I have to take a moment to vent.  I promise it won't take long.  In fact, you don't have to read this, if you don't want to.

When Jay & I first got married, he would talk about family members and it would confuse me because I knew there was no blood relation.  Over the years, I've come to understand what he meant.  As you grow older, you choose your family members from unrelated people who are much closer to you than actual blood relatives.  In the past months, weeks, days, even hours, I've learned that the majority of those who are blood related to me are of no concern to me.  They know nothing about me and vice versa.  If they were unrelated and I met them on the street, I would have no interest in them. 

I used to feel bad about saying I didn't like my family but now it's invigorating to actually say, "I can't stand the majority of my family!"  I would say 'hate' but that is such a strong word.  Although, my feelings come very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment