Friday, July 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Bread

I don't know why but recently all I can think of is autumn. I can smell it in the air (until I walk outside and I'm hit by the horrid Florida heat and humidity).

Since I can't actually enjoy the autumn air, the falling leaves, and the cool days on my front porch, I'll settle for the delightful aroma of pumpkin. My favorite autumn scent.

Pumpkin Patch Bread

1-1/2 c. sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. water
2 eggs
1-2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 c. chopped pecans

In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the flour,
baking soda, salt, spices and baking powder; gradually add to pumpkin mixture
and mix well. Fold in pecans. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Bake at
350 for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Yield: 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment