Friday, September 9, 2011

Pineapple-Cherry Dump Cake

When I was growing up, my mother always kept some sort of yumminess around the kitchen for us to 'snack on'. One of my favorites was her Pineapple-Cherry Dump Cake. When she passed away, I took all her handwritten recipes and typed them out (with the hopes of one day publishing a recipe book). Unfortunately, the Dump Cake recipe was never found.
Thanks to a wonderful friend, I now how this amazing recipe again! Once again, a friend has brought a little bit of my mother back to me.  Thank you, Linda <3
Pineapple-Cherry Dump Cake

1 (15 ¼ ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (20 ounce) light cherry pie filling
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Spread crushed pineapple evenly into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch
Baking dish. Spread cherry pie filling over pineapple,

Stir together cake mix, 1 cup water and ¼ cup oil just until blended.
(Batter will be lumpy.) Pour over cherry filling. Sprinkle with
Pecans.

Bake at 350F degrees for 40-50 minutes or until cake is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment