Monday, October 10, 2011

Fruit Syrup

Here's another recipe shared by my beautiful friend, Bobbie. This goes perfect with the Buttermilk Pancakes she shared with me :-)

Fruit Syrup
 
Ok...here's is todays recipe. Our last one was buttermilk pancakes..today we are making fruit syrup for them..this always makes me look like a star!

I use frozen berries...you can use fresh if you like doesn't matter and use whichever ones are your favorite

I use about 2 cups of berries and put them in a saucepan with about a quarter cup of water..add 1 cup of sugar and 1tsp of vanilla...the vanilla is optional, but I always use it..it's one of my favorite things :-)

Let your berries cook down over medium heat..stir them every so often to make sure they are not burning..they make a lot of juice..now you wanna reduce these to about half..what I mean by that is you want the liquid to evaporate as they cook...now take them off the heat and let them cool a bit..as they cool they will thicken up...serve it warm over your pancakes..it's awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment