Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cornbread Cake

It's amazing what you can come up with when you're out of ingredients!


Tonight, my heart was set on a big pan of corn muffins to go along with the beans I made yesterday.  Unfortunately (or, in this case, not), I was out of milk.  So, after a quick scan of the refrigerator & a little digging in the pantry, I found the perfect substitute!  The outcome wasn't exactly what I had hoped for but it is definitely worth making again.  Next time, I'll top it with cream cheese frosting instead of Great Northern beans :-)


Cornbread Cake
From the kitchen of Amber Rodriguez


1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (8.5 oz)
1 egg
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
2 Tbs. powdered coffee creamer
4 Tbs. HOT water


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Coat 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.


Combine egg & ricotta cheese in a bowl, beat well with a whisk.  Add Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.  Mix well.


In separate bowl, whisk powdered coffee creamer & HOT water until well blended.  Add to corn muffin mixture.  Stir until there are no lumps.


Pour into cake pan.  Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

1 comment: