Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Does age really matter anymore?

I like to make jokes about being a 25 year old in a 45 year old body but I still know my place in life. I know that I can't really be 25. I have a family...husband, children, home, job, pets, etc...that means I have to be grown up...right?

Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with those who say 'you're only as old as you feel' (some days, I'd swear I was 90). There's nothing like living the laundry and dirty dishes behind to spend time hanging out with my girls. However, there's a time when I just have to take a deep breath and admit that I'm not a kid anymore.

Some people seem to have a hard time accepting that. I have friends who are 30+ and still feel they should be hanging out with their pothead friends and staying up all hours of the night, watching old movies, while I feed them (and their cats). For some reason, they don't understand that I work to feed MY family and MY cats.

Oh well, not that my rant is going to make them act any different...especially since they don't even subscribe to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment